Spicy Moroccan Eggs Recipe
Spicy Moroccan Eggs Recipe is a great exotic breakfast recipe to try on a lazy Sunday morning. Poached eggs in a sauce based on tomatoes, bell peppers spices and onions are divine to taste. This recipe preparation is similar to Shakshouka/Shakshuka which is also a skillet dish. Serve Spicy Moroccan Eggs Recipe for breakfast with a crusty bread like Roti Gambang or Focaccia.
If you like this recipe, try more exotic recipes like
- 2 teaspoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Onion , chopped or thinly sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Harissa paste
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 cup Vegetable stock
- 1 cup Kala Chana (Brown Chickpeas) , soaked overnight, boiled and mashed
- 2 cups Tomatoes , fine chopped
- 1/2 cup Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely sliced
- Spinach Leaves (Palak) , a bunch, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 3 Whole Eggs , (adjust number to size of pan)
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
How to make Spicy Moroccan Eggs Recipe
To prepare Spicy Moroccan Eggs Recipe, heat the oil in a skillet or omelette pan, and saute the onion and garlic for about 5-6 mins or till it turns golden.
Add the harissa paste and coriander powder and mix well.
Add in the vegetable stock and mashed chickpeas and stir well. Cover the lid, simmer and cook for 5 mins.
Add the chopped tomatoes and bell pepper into the pan, mix well and cook for another 10 mins until the tomatoes are soft and mushy.
Fold in the spinach into the pan and mix well such that everything incorporates well.
Season with some salt and grounded black pepper and add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
Make 2 to 4 hollows/dents (depending on the size of the skillet and eggs used) in the mixture and break in the eggs.
Cover and cook for another 2 mins till the eggs are nicely poached.
Take off the pan from heat and allow to settle for a minute.