Spicy Moroccan Rice With Chicken Recipe
Spicy Moroccan Rice With Chicken Recipe is a one pot recipe with chicken marinated in Moroccan spice blend and pressure cooked along with the rice, leaving its meaty flavours into this irresisitable rice recipe, that you can't refuse.
Moroccan Rice with Chicken is a spicy, sumptuous one pot meal with an eclectic mix of spices. Moroccan food emphasizes on fresh ingredients and aromatic spice blends. The slow cooking method infuses the rich flavour of the spices into the rice.
Juicy chicken thighs are marinated in Moroccan Spice blend and is then cooked along with rice retaining its aroma and essence. Replace water with chicken broth for added flavor.
If you like this recipe, here are a few more Moroccan recipes to try
- 4 Chicken , de skinned & diced
- 1 Onion , finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 1-1/2 cups Rice
- 3 cups Chicken stock
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight & boiled
- Parsley leaves , small bunch, chopped For the Moroccan Spice Blend:
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dry ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon All spice powder
- 4 Cloves (Laung) , powdered
How to make Spicy Moroccan Rice With Chicken Recipe
To prepare Spicy Moroccan Rice With Chicken Recipe, we will first make the spice mix.
In a mixer jar, combine the cumin, ground ginger, salt, black pepper, cinnamon stick, coriander seeds, red chilli powder, ground allspice, ground cloves and grind to a fine powder to make the Moroccan Spice Blend.
Mix the chicken pieces with about 2-3 tablespoons of Moroccan spice blend and a little water and keep aside for 30 minutes.
Heat butter in pressure cookeron medium heat and add sliced onion. Saute until soft and transparent.
Add the marinated chicken pieces. Saute and cook for about five minutes in medium heat.
Take the uncooked rice and add to the chicken mix. Toss for a couple of minutes and add chicken broth and chickpeas.
Pressure cook until one whistle and allow the pressure to release naturally.