Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe
Juicy and succulent paneer tossed with three different sauces and rolled it along with flat whole wheat bread and vegetables.
Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe is a twist Indian Frankie aka Kathi Roll which is a popular street-side snack, especially in Mumbai and big cities of India. Flour tortilla pan roasted with butter is filled with various vegetarian and non-vegetarian fillings along with some salad leaves and cheese, rolled and served. Frankie is loved as a quick on-the-go food option for busy people. Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe is one of the option which is truly loved by children and is a good option for kids snack box. You can also serve Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe over a cup of hot green tea during evenings. served along with party appetizers.
Take a look at more Roll and wrap recipes here:
- Soya Spring Rolls Recipe
- Achari Paratha Roll Recipe
- Savory Egg Wrap with Spinach, Cherry Tomato and Fresh Mozzarella Omelette
- Spicy Aloo Roll (Frankie) Recipe (Spicy Potato Wrap)
- 200 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese) , (cut into small cubes)
- 2 Corn flour tortilla , or whole wheat flour tortilla
- 1 Onion , sliced
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon Soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Roasted tomato pasta sauce
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder , crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , shredded
- 4 tablespoons Cheese spread
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- 1-2 tablespoons Oil
How to make Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe
To prepare Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe, heat oil in a wok and add chopped garlic and green chilies, saute for a while.
Now add chopped onions and capsicum along and saute till raw smell goes off.
Add all the three sauces with salt and freshly crushed pepper, stir and let it cook for half a minute.
Once the sauce starts to thicken, add in the paneer pieces into it and mix well.
Cook for another minute and turn off the heat. Keep aside to cool.
Heat a nonstick pan/tawa and add some butter and grease it well.
Once the pan is hot, place one flour tortilla and roast it till golden from both sides. Adjust butter if needed.
Transfer the butter roasted tortilla on a plate and take a spoonful of cheese spread and place it on the tortilla.
Spread it evenly with a butter knife or spoon and add shredded cabbage on it.
Now take around 2-3 tablespoons of paneer mix and place it horizontal in the center.
Fold in one corner and start rolling the tortilla tight.
Fix it with a toothpick or wrap it with a tissue paper or foil.
Serve Spicy Paneer Frankie Recipe hot as an evening snack over a cup of hot green tea.