Spicy Sichuan Cauliflower Recipe
Spicy Sichuan Cauliflower Recipe is a treat for those who like to tingle their taste buds with something new and spicy. This is an Indo-Chinese fusion recipe. Cornflour gives the cauliflower a crunch and the mix of the various sauces used while preparing the gravy, adds an extra zing to this deliciously savory dish. This Sichuan Cauliflower recipe is a healthier version of traditional Sichuan recipe since here, cauliflower are blanch before shallow frying. While it does not compromise on taste, it is a healthier version too. Serve Spicy Sichuan Cauliflower Recipe sided with tomato sauce and few drops of vinegar during evening or along with Chinese Fried rice or noodles.
Here are more ideas on getting creative with cauliflower
- Cauliflower Tortilla Recipe
- Pita Sandwich with Cauliflower Falafel and Roasted Vegetables
- Cauliflower Au Gratin Recipe (French Style Cauliflower & Cheese Bake)
- Cauliflower Crust Pizza with Spinach Basil Pesto, Sundried Tomatoes & Goat Cheese Topping
- 1 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , florets
- 1/2 cup Onions , Chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , Chopped (including greens and bulbs)
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- 1-1/4 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon Vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , finely chopped
- 2 Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , slit length-wise
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds) , Roasted
- 1 tablespoon Oil
How to make Spicy Sichuan Cauliflower Recipe
To prepare Spicy Sichuan Cauliflower Recipe, cook cauliflower with a little salt in one-fourth cup of water. It should be blanched so that it is cooked but remains firm. Drain and reserve the blanched water.
Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, spring onions(keep little spring onion greens aside for garnishing), garlic, ginger, green chillies and a little salt. Sauté for a minute.
Add cauliflower and mix gently on low flame.
Mix cornflour in about two tablespoons of water (use the water which was used for cooking cauliflower if there is any left) and add to the pan.
Now add Sichuan red chilli sauce, soy sauce, and vinegar. Mix well.
Check the consistency of the gravy and adjust with water if desired. Switch off the gas stove.
Transfer the dish to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped spring onion greens and roasted sesame seeds.
Spicy Sichuan Cauliflower Recipe is part of the The East Asian Recipe Contest With FreshMenu