Spicy & Tangy Pakodi Chaat Recipe
Spicy & Tangy Pakodi Chaat Recipe is a delicious indian chaat made with crunchy onion pakodas on a bed of spicy white peas gravy topped with sweet and tangy curd and chutneys. Serve Spicy & Tangy Pakodi Chaat as an evening snack with a hot cup of tea.
In Indian context "Chaat" is what comes to mind as one thinks about Street Food. You won't be disappointed any time you have chaat at a road-side stall. After pani-puri, I always love to pamper my taste buds with a plate of hot Pakodi chaat. In each bite you can get a combination of flavours to tickle your taste bud. Sweet, spicy, savoury at the same time. And the best thing is that you can always adjust the level of each flavour according to your taste.
You can also try other Chaat recipes such as :
- 1 cup Dried Yellow/White Peas (Vatana) , soaked for 4 hours
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon Baking soda
- Salt , per taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera) , roasted
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Green Chutney (Coriander & Mint)
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Chutney (Date & Tamarind)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar , powdered
- 3 tablespoons Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli , chopped
- Cooking oil , for frying
- Black Salt (Kala Namak) , as required
- 1 Onion , chopped for serving
- 2 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali) , roasted or fried
- Curry leaves , as required
How to make Spicy & Tangy Pakodi Chaat Recipe
To begin with Pakodi Chaat recipe, firstly soak white peas for about 4 hours.Add turmeric and salt and pressure cook up to 3 whistles until those are too soft.
Mash peas with back side of a spatula and add black pepper powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and cook with 1/4 cup of water for 2 minutes.
In the meantime fry pakodi. Make a thick batter of gram-flour, salt, curry leaves, chopped onion, baking soda with 4 to 5 tablespoons of water. Heat oil, drop the batter in the oil to form small fritters.
Reduce heat to medium and deep fry till they turn golden brown in a deep fry pan.
Whisk the curd and add sugar powder in it. Mix it properly.
Take two plates. Spread spiced mashed peas on it. Add pakodis to it. Top it with curd, dhaniya pudina chutney and date tamarind chutney as per your taste.