Lauki Ke Gatte Recipe - Whole Wheat Bottle Gourd Dumplings
Lauki Ke Gatte Recipe is an irresistible snack which can be served as a snack or during lunch with Rajasthani Kadhi. You can alsoo make this for your light dinner.
The goodness of Bottle gourd coupled with a few other spices makes Lauki Ke Gatte or Spicy Whole Wheat Bottle Gourd Dumplings an irresistible snack. It tastes great and can be packed in your lunch box too.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other similar recipes such as
For dumpling dough
- 1/2 Bottle gourd (lauki) , grated
- 1-1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 4 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoons Red Chilli powder
- Salt , as required
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Baking soda
- Water , as required
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped For tempering
- 2 Onions , chopped
- Curry leaves , Few sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 3 Dry Red Chillies
- Sunflower Oil , as required
How to make Lauki Ke Gatte Recipe - Whole Wheat Bottle Gourd Dumplings
To begin making Lauki Ke Gatte Recipe, firstly add all the ingredients under ‘For dumpling dough’ including bottle gourd, whole wheat flour, green chillies, garlic, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, coriander seeds, coriander leaves and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
Add some water and mix till everything comes together. Do not knead the dough too much.
Pinch medium sized balls from the dough. Using the palms of your hands shape them into elongated dumplings.
If they are big enough cut them into half to make small dumplings.
Steam the dumplings for about 12 to 15 minutes or till a knife inserted comes out clean.
Once it is done, the next step is to temper the dumplings.
Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add all the ingredients mentioned under ‘for tempering’ which includes cumin seeds, curry leaves, mustard seeds, asafoetida and dry red chillies.
Once the mustard seeds starts crackiling, add the chopped onions.
Saute the onions till they become translucent. Once it is done, add the steamed dumplings in to the pan. Mix everything properly. Cook for another minute or two.