Spinach Buns Recipe (Masala Palak Pav)
They are healthy masala dinner rolls with added spinach puree which enhances the taste of the same.
Healthy masala dinner rolls with added spinach puree. The added spinach in this recipe makes it more delicious and healthy. Give your usual dinner rolls a twist with these spinach ones and we are sure you will make it again and again.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Bun recipes such as
- 2 cups Vivatta Maida
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder ,
- 1 Egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Spinach , puree
- Milk , as required, to brush on top
- 2 teaspoons Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
How to make Spinach Buns Recipe (Masala Palak Pav)
To begin making the Spinach Buns recipe, blanch spinach in boiling water and puree it in a mixer.
In a mixing bowl, add flour, salt, sugar, instant yeast, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, kasuri methi, garam masala, spinach puree and mix well.
Then add yolk, olive oil, and mix. Slowly add water make a soft dough. Cover and keep it for it to double.
Punch out air and cut into six parts. Make a smooth ball with each piece and keep it in a baking pan/tray. Allow it to double. When doubles brush with milk and sprinkle nigella seeds over it.
Bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180 deg C for 22-25 minutes till it browns on top. Cool and serve.
Spinach Buns Recipe (Masala Palak Pav) is part of the Baking With Flour Contest