Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari Recipe- With Pomegranates
Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari Recipe is a mixture of sprouted green moong lentil that tossed with pomegranate pearls and freshly grated carrot and tempered with South Indian tadka. A delicious salad that can also be had a midday snack.
Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari is one of our favourite healthy salads, with the addition of sweet pomegranate pearls.
Commonly served at South Indian yele oota at various ceremonies and weddings. Low on calories, high on nutrients and an absolute visual treat to see a bowlful of colourful sprouted Moong Kosambari.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Kosambari recipes such as :
- 1 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , grated
- 1/2 cup Fresh Pomegranate Fruit Kernels
- 2 to 4 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Fresh coconut , grated (optional)
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- Lemon juice , as required
- Salt , to taste For tempering (optional)
- Oil , as required
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
How to make Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari Recipe- With Pomegranates
To begin making the Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari recipe, we need to keep the green moong sprouts ready. We can either use store bought Sprouts or learn How to make Sprouts at Home.
In a big bowl, combine the sprouted moong, grated carrot, pomegranate, green chillies, grated coconut, coriander leaves, salt and lime.
In a tadka pan heat oil on medium flame and once it's hot add mustard seeds. When they splutter, add in the asafoetida. Turn off the flame. Pour the tempering on the Sprouted Green Gram Kosambari.
Healthy, nutritious and delicious Sprouted moong salad is ready to serve.