Sprouted Moong And Methi Pulao Recipe
Sprouted Moong And Methi Pulao Recipe,a delicious Pulav recipe which you can make for your everyday meals and can be served with Lauki Raita or any other Raita of your choice.
Sprouted Moong And Methi Pulao Recipe are both packed with beneficial nutrients. This Sprouted Moong and Methi Pulao, with the goodness of both these wholesome ingredients, makes for a healthy and appetising one-pot meal.
Use fresh Methi leaves for maximum flavour and taste. This recipe suggests the direct addition of Methi leaves, but if you want to reduce the bitterness, blanch them in water for 1 to 2 minutes and then add to the pulao.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Pulao Recipes such as
- 1 cup Rice , washed and soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 3/4 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1 Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , small bunch, chopped
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 3 Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 to 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 Star anise
- 4 to 5 Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 3 to 4 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Sprouted Moong And Methi Pulao Recipe
To begin making the Sprouted Moong And Methi Pulao, firstly heat oil in a kadhai/wok.
Add the mustard seeds and once they splutter, add the cumin seeds. Add asafoetida, turmeric powder, garlic, onion, green chillies, ginger, bay leaf, star anise and peppercorns.
Stir and sauté for a few seconds. Next, add moong sprouts and methi and sauté for a minute.
Drain and add the rice and stir everything well. Add water (about 2-1/2 to 3 cups, this amount may change depending on the quality of rice)
Add salt, cover and cook till the rice softens and the water has evaporated. Turn off the heat and keep covered for 5 to 10 minutes.