Sprouted Mung Bean and Spinach Soup Recipe
The goodness of the sprouted mung beans with spinach which is mildly flavoured to form a soup.
This mildly flavored, nourishing Sprouted Mung beans and Spinach Soup Recipe combines the goodness of sprouted Mung Beans/green gram whole beans and Spinach. The nutty-sweet taste of the sprouted mung beans balances the slightly bitter aftertaste of Spinach. Ginger, garlic, and cumin are used to flavor the broth and the tomato adds a slight tang. You can also use herbs of choice. A bowl of this simple Sprouted Mung Bean and Spinach soup makes for an all season, healthy, comforting light meal.
Have a peek at what other delicious soups can be made
- 3/4-1 cup Green Moong Sprouts
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , (with stems) washed and chopped
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Tomato , blanched, peeled and finely chopped or mashed
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1-2 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 pinch Red Chilli powder , or flakes
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 2 teaspoon Oil , or ghee or butter
- 2 Lime Wedges
- 2 sprigs Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , or mint leaves to serve
How to make Sprouted Mung Bean and Spinach Soup Recipe
To begin making the Sprouted Mung beans and Spinach Soup Recipe, first heat oil or ghee or butter in a saucepan.
Add the onion, garlic and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
Add the ginger, chilli powder and cumin powder. Mix and add the mung beans.
Add 2-2 1/2 cups of vegetable stock and cook covered for 5-6 minutes.
Add the tomato and season with salt.
Mix well. Add the spinach leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Serve Sprouted Mung beans and Spinach Soup Recipe in individual bowls, garnished with lime juice and coriander/mint leaves.