Stuffed Bun With Veggies Recipe
Here is a delicious soft and homemade bread stuffed with some spicy vegetable mix and baked till it gets a nice crust on top. Serve it for dinner along with a soup and salad for a special weekend meal.
Why to cut a bun and then add stuffing inside it when you can make a bun that already have that stuffing inside it. Isn't Stuffed Bun With Veggies Recipe interesting!! This is a delicious recipe with loads of vegetable and a little cheese (optional) inside bun.
If you like this recipe, take a look at more similar recipes
- 1-1/2 cup All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup Lukewarm Water , (adjust)
- 3/4 tablespoon Active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- Salt , to taste
- 3 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Black sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds) For Stuffing
- 1 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , chopped
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped finely
- 1/2 Green beans (French Beans) , chopped finely
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1/4 cup Cheese , (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/8 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 Lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Salt , as needed
How to make Stuffed Bun With Veggies Recipe
To prepare Stuffed Bun With Veggies Recipe, get prep with all chopping of all the vegetables.
Pour warm milk into a bowl and add sugar to it and mix well.
Add the yeast to it and mix well. Keep aside for 5 mins. It will froth and raise. If it does not raise, discard and start a new batch.
Take a large mixing bowl and add flour. Make a dent, add water, olive oil, salt in it and the yeast mixture.
Mix and make a smooth dough, keep in a warm place covered with a cling wrap for an hour.
Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing. Heat a Kadai with a teaspoon of oil.
Add jeera, allow it to crackle.Add onions and fry till transparent and cooked.
Add the chopped vegetables and cook until tender.
Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric, garam masala, and give a good mix.
Remove from fire and add coriander leaves, cheese (if using) and lemon extract. Allow to cool completely.
Once the dough has risen to almost double its size after an hour or more, punch it down and knead.
Pinch out small balls. This recipe should yield 6 dough balls.
Line a baking tray with aluminum foil and grease with olive oil.
Take a bun dough and make a dent in middle and fill with vegetable stuffing. Bring the edges together, pinching with fingers and then smoothen the balls to give an even look.
Arrange them on a Baking tray. Brush with olive oil.
Preheat Oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
Sprinkle sesame seeds on each stuffed dough ball and rest till the oven is getting pre heated.
The balls would have risen a little, by the time oven is preheated. Generously brush with milk.
Bake for 17-20 minutes or until the crust turns golden brown and smells heavenly!