Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe
Make use of your leftover idlis and make yourself a perfect snack for your teatime break.
Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe is an amazing recipe that can be made with leftover idlis. It contains different kinds of vegetables that supply enough amount of nutrients to the body. Vegetable stuffing is made and stuffed between two idlis and is dipped in a batter and fried.
You may also like other pakode recipe and try them at your home.
- 10 Idli
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , frozen or fresh
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green beans (French Beans) , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , shredded
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled
- Salt , as required
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Cooking oil , as required
- 2 cup Gram flour (besan)
How to make Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe
To begin with the Stuffed Idli ke Pakode Recipe, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds starts crackling add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
Add all chopped vegetables except potato. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until they are cooked.
Add turmeric powder, salt, green chillies, black pepper powder, lime juice, boiled potato and coriander leaves. Mix well and saute it for another one minute.
Slice each idli from the center into two halves Spread the mixture on one half and cover it with the other half.
Do this with rest of the idlis and keep them aside. Now make a batter of medium consistency using gram flour, salt and water
Heat oil in a kadhai. Now dip the stuffed idli one by one into batter and deep fry until golden brown and crisp. Keep them on a paper towel and cut the idlis into half and serve them.