Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe
Make use of your leftover idlis and make yourself a perfect snack for your teatime break. Serve Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode with mint chutney or ketchup on the side.
Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe is an amazing recipe that can be made with leftover idlis. It contains different kinds of vegetables that supply enough amount of nutrients to the body. Vegetable stuffing is made and stuffed between two idlis and then is dipped in a gram flour batter and fried.
They make a great after school snack for your kids as well. You can even serve it at a tea party or family get togethers.
You may also like other pakode recipe and try them at your home.
- 2 cup Gram flour (besan)
- 10 Idli
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar) , frozen or fresh
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Green beans (French Beans) , chopped
- 2 tablespoons Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , shredded
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled
- Salt , as required
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Sunflower Oil , as required
How to make Stuffed Idli Ke Pakode Recipe
To begin making the Stuffed Idli ke Pakode Recipe, heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds starts crackling add chopped onions and saute until translucent.
Add all chopped vegetables, carrots, capsicum, green beans and cabbage. Saute for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked.
Once done add turmeric powder, salt, green chillies, black pepper powder, lime juice, boiled potato and coriander leaves. Mix well to combine and saute it for another minute and turn off the heat. Keep aside to cool.
Slice each idli from the center into two halves Spread the vegetable mixture on one half and cover it with the other half of the idli.
Do this with rest of the idlis and keep them aside. Now make a batter of medium consistency using gram flour, salt and water. The batter should be thick enough to coat the back of the spoon.
Heat oil in a kadhai. Once the oil is hot dip the stuffed idli one by one into the batter and deep fry until golden brown and crisp on all sides.
Transfert the dli ke Pakode onto a plate with an oil absorbent paper. Cut the idlis into half and serve them.