Suva Methi Baingan Sabzi Recipe ( Eggplant in Dill and Methi leaves Curry Recipe)
A perfect combination of Dill leaves tossed with aubergine to create a dry Indian gravy.
Suva Methi Baingan Sabzi Recipe ( Eggplant in Dill and Methi leaves Curry Recipe), when the dill leaves are in season do not miss on to make this recipe as it is very simple drool worthy to be eaten. Dill leaves has a very sharp and pungent flavor when added to a dish will provide a delicious and flavorful dish. Its not only flavorful but also has a high Iron content.
If you are looking for more Eggplant recipes here are some:
- 5 Small Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant)
- 1 cup Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
- 1 cup Dill leaves
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced or crushed
- 3 Green Chillies , chopped small or minced
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 2 Tomatoes , chopped roughly
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 pinch Asafoetida (hing)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Suva Methi Baingan Sabzi Recipe ( Eggplant in Dill and Methi leaves Curry Recipe)
We begin making the Suva Methi Baingan Sabzi Recipe ( Eggplant in Dill and Methi leaves Curry Recipe) by heating pressure with oil.
Crackle the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fennel seeds and hing. Add in the tomatoes, ginger and green chillies. Sauté for few seconds.
Then add in the aubergine, dill leaves and dry fenugreek leaves. Sprinkle salt and check for season. Add ½ cup water and pressure cook for 2 whistle. Release the pressure naturally.