Tawa Mushroom Recipe
A quick stir fry of mushrooms in pav bhaji masala that is also mixed with sauteed onions and tomatoes. Pack it for your Lunch Box or serve as a side dish with your meals.
Tawa Mushroom Recipe uses pav bhaji masala that creates a strong Indian flavour and goes really well with mushroom. It is just a semi dry dish that is cooked with lots of onions and paired with wonderful mushroom.
The masalas added into the dish are very simple and easily available at our day to day kitchen. This dish is the best accompaniment for Indian breads like Tawa Paratha and Phulkas. It is also easy to be packed for your lunch box as well.
If you are looking for more Mushroom Recipes, here are some :
- 500 grams Button mushrooms
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , slit
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Pav bhaji masala
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- Salt , to taste
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
How to make Tawa Mushroom Recipe
To begin making the Tawa Mushroom Recipe, heat a kadai with oil. Add ginger and garlic, allow it to soften. Once done, add chopped onions and cook till they turn translucent.
Add chopped tomatoes and sprinkle with little salt so that the tomatoes become mushy and soft.
At this point you can add all the spice powders including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, and saute well. Add chopped mushrooms and cook until the water is all evaporated. Check for salt and add if required.
Cook until the mixture becomes semi dry. At the end add chopped coriander leaves and mix well.