Teekha Murgh Recipe
A fiery chicken recipe made with green chillies, red chillies and black pepper, with dry roasted curry leaves acting as the cherry on the top.
A fiery chicken recipe made with green chillies, red chillies and black pepper, with dry roasted curry leaves acting as the cherry on the top. If you love hot and spicy gravy then this recipe is for you. Serves a delicious side dish to chapati, naan or kulcha. Make this for your weekend lunch or dinner or pack it for your pot luck parties.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Chicken recipes such as
- 500 grams Chicken , cut into pieces
- Curd (Dahi / Yogurt) , as required for marination
- 1/2 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Tomato
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , paste
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , paste
- 3 Green Chillies
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Curry leaves , Dry roasted (few)
How to make Teekha Murgh Recipe
To begin making the Teekha Murgh Recipe recipe, marinate the chicken with curd, salt and turmeric powder for at least 1 hour. Keep it aside.
Add mustard oil in a heavy bottomed pan, add Nigella seeds and fennel seeds. After 10 seconds add onions. Once it turns translucent add ginger and garlic paste. Saute for few minutes.
Meanwhile grind tomato and chilli into a paste. After about 2 minutes, add the paste followed by cumin powder, salt and black pepper powder. Mix and add the chicken.
Mix everything well, cover and simmer till the chicken is cooked. Keep checking and stirring in between. Add water as per your desired consistency. Chicken will take approximately 20-25 minutes to cook.
Crush the curry leaves with hand and spread it over the chicken gravy in the end, give it a mix.
Cover and keep it for 10-15 minutes for the flavors to blend well before serving.
Teekha Murgh Recipe is part of the Recipe Contest : Share The Best Non Veg Recipe From Your Kitchen