Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is a soy glazed chicken breast cooked in the teriyaki sauce served along with some sauteed vegetables. A great dish to be served for Sudnay brunch along with some stir fried rice and some kimchi on the side.
Love Japanese Cuisine? Teriyaki Chicken which can be enjoyed with steaming hot rice. The sauce is the main ingredient in this recipe which is very easy to prepare yet delicious.
If you like this recipe you can also try other Asian recipes such as:
- 3 Chicken breasts , boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour , dissolved in 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 cups Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- Broccoli , cut into small florets
- Rice , cooked as required (white or brown)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil , + little extra for greasing the pan Ingredients for teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar)
- 1/2 cup Honey , (I used raw honey but normal honey can be used)
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic , minced or grated
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup Chilled water
How to make Teriyaki Chicken Recipe
To begin making the Teriyaki Chicken recipe, clean the chicken well and pat them dry.
Brush a baking pan with some oil and arrange these chicken breasts on top.
In a saucepan combine, brown sugar, honey, soy sauce, hot sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper powder and water on medium heat.
Mix well and let it boil on medium high heat.
Once it boils,switch the heat to low and add corn starch paste. Mix well. You will see the sauce getting thickened instantly. Turn off the heat and keep the pan aside.
Pour half of the sauce over chicken breasts.
Cover the pan with aluminium foil and bake at 400 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 25 minutes.
In the meantime, fry the veggies - bell peppers and broccoli with a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Sprinkle some pepper powder while frying.
Cover and let them fry on medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes. Keep them aside.
Once the chicken is baked, remove the baking pan out.
You will see some juices released from chicken after they are baked. You can either use it in your one pot meal for extra taste, or refrigerate it and can use it for making soup.
Let it stand for a few minutes and then cut the breasts into thick strips either vertically or horizontally.
Now take a ladle full of rice and place it in the bowl. Add some cooked veggies on top and finally, place baked teriyaki chicken pieces on top. Drizzle some of the remaining sauce on top.
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is part of the The East Asian Recipe Contest With FreshMenu