Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice With Pineapple and Spicy Thai Red Chillies Recipe
Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice is a delicious preparation of rice that is made spicy with thai red chillies. This is a dish that can be incorporated with a variety of flavors with lots of room for experimentation and adaptation. I have tailored this dish to suit the palates that my family likes. The use of Thai Red chillies and Thai Basil Leaves is an absolute must has this really kicks up the heat and flavor of the dish. You can serve the Thai Basil Fried Rice along with Malaysian Vegetable Curry for dinner or as a party food with friends and family.
You can experiment with vegetables, mushrooms, scrambled eggs, pineapple or any other ingredient. I typically use a short grain rice for making asian rice. Since Jasmine sticky rice is not readily available in the Indian markets, I used a regular short grain rice to make this dish. This is a great handy dish, as it can be prepared from left over rice. if you have the sauces in stock, you can throw in some vegetables, stir fry in the wok and viola your rice is ready.
If you like his recipe, you can also try
- 2 cups Cooked rice , (jasmine rice)
- 2 tablespoons Sesame (Gingelly) Oil
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion (Bulb & Greens) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pineapple , (fresh or tinned) chopped
- 3 Thai Red chilli (Birds Eye Chilli) , slit lengthwise (and a few more crushed with seeds)
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 cups Thai basil leaves , loosely chopped Alternative Ingredients
- 2 cups Button mushrooms , quatered
- 4 Whole Eggs , scrambled
How to make Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice With Pineapple and Spicy Thai Red Chillies Recipe
To begin making the Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice with Pineapple and Spicy Thai Red Chillies, first prep all the ingredients and keep them ready.
Heat oil in a wok on high heat; add the ginger, garlic, onions, thai red chillies, peppers, carrots and beans.
Sprinkle some salt and stir fry all of them together on high heat until lightly cooked.
Stir in the soy sauce, pineapple and stir fry for a few more minutes.
Finally stir in the cooked rice, thai basil leaves. Stir fry them until well combined with all the ingredients.
Serve the Thai Basil Fried Rice along with Malaysian Vegetable Curry for dinner or as a party food with friends and family.
Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice With Pineapple and Spicy Thai Red Chillies Recipe is part of the The East Asian Recipe Contest With FreshMenu