Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe
Light and creamy soup from Thai cuisine
Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe is a spicy, tangy and delicious recipe that is easy to make and adds great warmth to a particularly cold day. Adding in a bit of Indian spices, gives it a unique spin that beautifully combines different textures and flavours. Serve Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe with Spicy Chilli Garlic Noodles Recipe or Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice With Pineapple and Spicy Thai Red Chillies Recipe for dinner with friends and family.
If you like this recipe, try more recipes like
Ingredients For the Ground Spices
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera) Ingredients For the Soup
- 2 cups Coconut milk
- 3 cups Vegetable stock
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies , (Thai variety), slit diagonally
- 3 Onion , chopped
- 1 Stalk Lemon Grass , crushed
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves , crushed
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 teaspoon Salt , (adjust to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Sugar , (optional)
- 3 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 2 cups Archana's Kitchen Millet Noodles , or rice noodles boiled
- Sultana Raisins , a few, for garnishing
How to make Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe
To begin making the Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe, heat the coconut oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add in the bay leaves, ginger and garlic to the hot oil and fry on low heat. Add in the crushed lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves at this stage and fry it for another minute.
Next, add in the green chilies and chopped green onions together with the vegetable stock to the pan. Cover the lid and bring all the ingredients to a boil, reducing the flame thereafter and allowing it to simmer for another 20 minutes.
Now, add in the coconut milk to the pan to thicken the soup, the ground spice powder and salt and bring all of them to a boil again.
Finally, pass the entire pan contents through a sieve to remove the chunkier bits and you will be left with a smooth soup.
Put the curry soup back again in the pan and boil this till it reaches a good consistency.
At this stage, put in the boiled whole wheat noodles or rice noodles to the soup.
Serve Thai Coconut Curry Soup garnished with raisins, accompanied with toasted bread on the side. Or pair Thai Coconut Curry Soup Recipe with Spicy Chilli Garlic Noodles Recipe or Thai Basil Vegetarian Fried Rice With Pineapple and Spicy Thai Red Chillies Recipe.