Thai Fish Cake Recipe
Thai fish cakes are packed with the aroma of kaffir lime, galangal, bird’s eye chillies- that perfect savoury accompaniment to your evening tea.
Thai fish cakes are packed with the aroma of kaffir lime, galangal, bird’s eye chillies- that perfect savoury accompaniment to your evening tea. You can also make this for your picnics or even potluck parties. The recipe uses basa fish to create this wonderful crispy savoury cakes, basa fish is the best work with for these kind of recipes as it will hold the shape and creates a wonderful taste.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Thai recipes such as
- 300 grams Basa fish , fillets
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 teaspoon Garlic , paste
- 1 tablespoon Galangal , paste (if you don't find, use ginger paste instead)
- 3 Onions , finely sliced
- 1/4 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 2 Thai Red chilli (Birds Eye Chilli) , finely chopped (if you don't find birds eye chillies, use green chillies instead)
- 1 tablespoon Fish sauce , thai
- 1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
- 2 teaspoon Lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1 tablespoon Corn flour
- Vegetable Oil , for frying (as required)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Thai Fish Cake Recipe
To begin making the Thai Fish Cake recipe, make a paste of the fish fillets by placing it in a mixer jar till you reach a very fine minced texture. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Now add egg, garlic paste, salt, galangal paste, spring onions, coriander leaves, birds eye chillies, thai fish sauce, thai red curry paste, lime juice, paprika into the mixer jar and blend until smooth.
In a mixing bowl gently mix together this freshly ground paste with the fish paste.
Shape the fish cake mixture into small patties, by rolling them between your palms and slightly flattening them and lightly dust with cornflour. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat and fry the fish cakes until crisp and brown, turning every time to cook evenly.
Remove from the oil using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on kitchen paper. Serve hot with a sweet chilli dip.