Thandai Flavoured Rice Kheer Recipe
Thandai Flavored Rice Kheer Recipe is a delicious Indian dessert which is made from rice, milk and flavored with Thandai Masala. It makes a perfect dessert that you can make for parties like Holi or Diwali.
Rice Kheer is an Indian desert which is made from rice, milk and sugar flavoured with cardamom powder and saffron. You can even use rose water or kewra water in this recipe.
Thandai is basically a milk based summer drink which is served on special days and festive occasions like Holi and Mahashivratri. Thandai Flavored Rice Kheer is prepared with a mixture of fennel seeds, almonds, poppy seeds, melon seeds, rose petals, black pepper, cardamom, saffron, milk and sugar.
If you like the Thandai Flavored Rice Kheer recipe, you can also try other Kheer Recipes such as
- 1-1/2 cup Thandai Powder
- Saffron strands , few
- 2 tablespoons Basmati rice
- 2 liter Milk
- Sugar , as required
- 4 tablespoons Condensed Milk
- 1 tablespoon Badam (Almond) , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Pistachios , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts , chopped
- Rose Petals , for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- Mixed nuts , for garnishing, chopped
- 4 tablespoons Milk Ingredients for Thandai Powder
- 1 tablespoon Badam (Almond) , blanched and peeled
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon Pistachios
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1/2 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
How to make Thandai Flavoured Rice Kheer Recipe
To begin with Thandai Flavored Rice Kheer, wash and soak the rice for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, drain the water and keep the rice aside.
Soak the saffron and thandai powder separately in lukewarm milk.
Powder the Thandai Powder ingredients - Almonds, Cashew nuts, Pistachios, poppy seeds, cardamom, cinnamon and whole black peppercorns into a coarse powder and keep aside.
The next step is to boil the milk. When it comes to a boil, reduce the flame and add the rice in the saucepan.
Keep stirring the kheer until it reduces to one-third of the original quantity. Once done, add sugar, milk-made, cardamom powder, chopped nuts, thandai milk and saffron. Mix everything well and cook the Thandai Kheer for 5 minutes more.
After 5 minutes, turn off the flame and garnish it with chopped nuts and rose petals.