Thenga Manga Soya Sundal Recipe
Soya bean Sundal are delicious as it is is combined and cooked with raw mango, fresh coconut, chili powder and curry leaves.
Thenga Manga Soya Sundal is a Navratri special sundal recipe. Soya beans is combined and cooked with raw mango, fresh coconut, chili powder and curry leaves. The dish gets a nice flavor since we temper the sundal with coconut oil and mustard. I prepared soya sundal instead of peas and it turned out to be very good with comforting taste of soya.
If you like this recipe, look here for more sundal recipes.
- 1/2 cup Soybeans (Whole Soya dal) , soaked overnight
- 1 Mango (Raw) , skin peeled & finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Fresh coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- Curry leaves , a few
- Salt , to taste To Temper
- 1 teaspoon Coconut Oil
- 1 Asafoetida (hing) , a generous pinch
- 1/3 teaspoon Mustard seeds (Rai/ Kadugu)
How to make Thenga Manga Soya Sundal Recipe
To prepare Thenga Manga Soya Sundal - Navratri Special Recipe, pressure cook soaked soybeans for 5 whistles until it is cooked well. Strain the water completely.
Take a Pan, heat a teaspoon of coconut oil in it and add hing. Immediately add mustard seeds, allow to splutter.
Immediately add cooked and strained soybeans and raw mango.
Add chili powder, salt, curry leaves, and cook for 1-2 minutes.
Lastly, add coconut and immediately switch off.