Here is a delicious and healthy diabetic friendly South Indian Meal of Murungakkai Vendhaya Keerai Sambar Recipe, Raw Banana Roast, Steamed Rice, Mooru & Appalam. A balanced meal to help keep your calories in check and to provide you the right nourishment.
It is important to eat the right kind of food especially if you are a diabetic. Methi leaves have healing properties and helps to decrease the blood glucose in your body. They have a lot of soluble fiber which keeps you full and slows the carbohydrate absorption in your body. Murungakkai Vendhaya Keerai Sambar Recipe is a yummy sambar recipe which is a great way to include methi leaves and drumsticks in your diet.
We have served it with Raw Banana Roast which is pan roasted banana recipe made with simple spices available in your kitchen. Raw bananas also helps in maintaining blood sugar and keeping your heart healthy. They are also rich in Vitamin C which helps boost your immunity. This recipe of raw banana roast is so good that you can even snack on it for your evening snack or pack it as a snack in your office lunch box.
We have served the above with Steamed Rice, Mooru and Appalam to make it a complete meal. Do try it and let us know how you liked it?
A healthy diabetic friendly sambar recipe of drumsticks and fenugreek greens which are both known to purify the blood and lowering the cholesterol making this sambar diabetic friendly recipe. Easy to prepare it goes great with millets, rice or brown rice.
Try our other Similar sambar recipe:
- Sundakkai And Methi Leaves Sambar Recipe
- Murungai Keerai Sambar Recipe - Drumstick Leaves Sambar
- Thandu Keerai Sambar Recipe - Amaranth Greens Sambar Recipe
A simple yet delicious raw banana roast flavoured with everyday spices makes for a great side to any meal. You can munch on this banana roast anytime of the day and it makes a great snack.
Try our other raw banana recipes:
- Kela Matar ki Sabzi Recipe - Raw Banana Green Peas Stir Fry
- Kodava Pacche Baale Barthad- Raw Banana Stir Fry
- Kaccha Kela Aur Bhindi Ki Sabzi Recipe
Steamed rice goes best with sambar but you can replace it with other healthier options given below:
- Brown Rice in Pressure Cooker Method
- Rice With Quinoa Recipe- Pressure Cooker Method
- Soft & Delicious Ragi Mudde Recipe - Karnataka Style Ragi Balls
Buttermilk is refreshing and healthy for you. It helps in digestion and is good for your gut health.
Some other buttermilk options that you can try :
- Masala Chaas Recipe - Indian Spiced Buttermilk
- Spiced Beetroot Buttermilk Recipe
- Pyaaz Curry Patta Chaach Recipe - Onion And Curry Leaves Spiced Butter
Vadam adds crunch and flavour to any meal. replace it with appalam or fryums of your choice.