Fridge is the most important appliance in our kitchen and we just can’t imagine our life without it. Have you ever imagined what our life would be without a refrigerator? When we set up our kitchen for the first time, the first thing comes to our mind is to buy a refrigerator.
We can store our food, so that it does not get destroyed and the wastage becomes less. There are many food items like vegetables, milk, curd, bread and many other items which remains fresh when stored in a fridge. And when so much of food is stored inside one machine, it is necessary to keep it clean to maintain the hygiene. We normally get lazy thinking about cleaning the fridge but it is actually not that difficult. You just have to follow these few steps and your fridge is clean.
- Empty the fridge: There are so many food items and beverages which we store in our fridge and most of the time it is full. So, firstly take out all the items from your fridge and keep it aside.
- Throw the unwanted things: It usually happens that we keep some things inside the fridge to use it later buy we forget that it is actually there. Get id of such things because it can make your fridge smell bad with the passage of time.
- Clean the contents: By this we mean cleaning the water bottles or other items like your sauce bottles or your containers. Just take a clean cloth and clean them before you put them again in the refrigerator.
- Clean the fridge from inside: Firstly, remove all the shelves and drawers from the fridge to clean it properly. There are many fridge cleaners are available in the market but you can just clean it using vinegar and water. You can even mix vinegar with baking soda to clean it nicely. Otherwise, we always have mild detergents and sponge to clean it. Make sure that you wash the drawers and shelves which you took out from the fridge with soap and clean water.
- Arrange the fridge: After everything is cleaned up, make sure that everything is dried up before you start arranging the fridge. Use a dry cloth to wipe up the fridge. Put all the shelves and drawers back to the place and start arranging the food items back to their place.
- Clean the fridge from outside: Once you are done cleaning it from inside, clean the fridge from outside using a soft cloth or a non scratching rag, as we want to keep our fridge scratch free. Also don’t forget to clean the rubber edges of the door.
- Clean the back side: Do not forget this! Once in a two months, you can even the clean the coils at the backside of your fridge.
Organization is the key.
Here are a few some tips and tricks to make the above process more easy
1. Tough Stains
If you have tough stains that are not going easily, use a toothpaste to get rid of them.
Click here to buy: Stain Removers
2. Fridge Smell
After washing if there is still food smell in the fridge, just sprinkle some vanilla or orange extract on the cotton balls and keep that into the fridge in a bowl.
3. Keep Things In Front
Always keep the things which can get destroyed with less span of time at a place where you can easily see them. So that it doesn't come to you as a shock while you decide to clean it thoroughly. You can even label different sections of your fridge, so that you know what you have to keep at what place. It makes your fridge looks clean and organised.
4. Use Bins
Use bins to organise your food items. They not only organise but also make your fridge look good from inside.
Click here to buy: Bins for Refrigerator
5. Use Mason Jars
Use mason jars to keep your chopped vegetables or salads. It helps to keep the veggies fresh for long time.
Click here to buy: Mason Jars for Storage
6. Fridge Mats
If you are being lazy, just use a plastic wrap or fridge mats on the shelves. So whenever something spills, you just have to clean the wraps or the mats.
Click here to buy: Fridge Mats