Tofu Green Pulao Recipe
Tofu Green Pulao is a delicious Pulao Recipe which is filled with high protein Tofu. Serve it with Burani raita or any other raita of your choice for your weekday lunch or dinner.
Tofu Green Pulao Recipe is a nutritious dish with green leafy vegetables and goodness of tofu. The pulao gets a new flavor with the richness of tofu and makes it even more tastier with spinach in it.
Tofu Green Pulao is high in protein and tofu adds creaminess to the pulao. It is a very healthy recipe which can be served for lunch or dinner and also be packed for lunch box
This Tofu Green Pulao can be served with Burani raita or any other raita of your choice for your weekday lunch or dinner.
You may also like other Healthy Pulao Recipes which can be tried and served everyone at your home.
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves (Palak) , finely chopped
- 1 cup Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion Greens , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 12 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Tofu , cut into cubes
- 4 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- Oil , as required
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 4 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 6 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 tablespoon Cashew nuts , halved
- 1 cup Basmati rice
- Salt , to taste
How to make Tofu Green Pulao Recipe
To begin with the Tofu Green Pulao Recipe, first wash and soak basmati rice for 30 minutes and then strain the water using muslin cloth and keep it aside.
Meanwhile in a blender combine spinach leaves, methi leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies and blend till it forms a smooth puree.
Add oil and ghee in a pressure cooker, once hot; add cumin seeds, bay leaves, black cardamom, cloves, green cardamom, cinnamon stick.
After they begin to roast, add tofu cubes, cashew and fry for about 20 seconds.
Now add capsicum, green peas, french beans, finely chopped spring onions and soaked double beans. After a while add in the basmati rice and stir fry for a minute.
Add the prepared green puree and let it cook for a minute. Add 2 to 3 cups of water and mix everything well.
Close the cooker with a lid and let it cook till the cooker release 2 to 3 whistles. Once done, let the pressure release normally.
Open the lid, servie it in a bowl and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
This Tofu Green Pulao can be served with Burani Raita or any other raita of your choice for your weekday lunch or dinner.