Tofu Masala Rice Recipe (Tofu Pulao)
Tofu Masala Rice is a delicious Indian recipe that can be served as a main course as it is, or along with a raita. You could make this one pot Tofu Rice on the days when you are lazy and just want your food to be ready in less than an hour. The Tofu rice recipe is high in fiber and protein. The addition of tofu adds a delicious creaminess to the dish. Tofu as a vegetable sometimes doesn't please everyone's taste buds, but with the right mix of spices, this pulao makes a quite scrumptious dish.
If you like this recipe, you can also try
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 tablespoons Ghee
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Onions , chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , chopped
- 1/2 Red Yellow or Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 cup Tofu , cut into cubed
- Salt , to taste
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , to garnish
How to make Tofu Masala Rice Recipe (Tofu Pulao)
To begin with Tofu masala rice, wash and soak basmati rice in water for 1/2 an hour. Drain and keep aside.
Heat ghee in a sauce pan on medium heat. Once hot, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter. Add chopped onions, green chilli and ginger garlic paste and saute till onion turns golden brown.
Now add the tomatoes and capsicum in the pan along with chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala. and let it cook for 5-7 minutes.
Now add the diced tofu along with salt and saute till the tofu turns little brown in colour.
Add 2 cups of water and check for salt. (add more salt if necessary).
Cover the pan and once the mixture comes to a boil, turn the heat to low and simmer until all the water is absorbed. Turn off the heat and allow the rice to rest for about 5 minutes before opening.