Tomato Onion Gravy Sabzi Recipe
Tomato Onion Gravy Sabzi is a perfect dish to cook when you are out of vegetables in your fridge. It is easy to make and tastes delicious. It is very popular in Rajasthani households and is usually cooked as a side dish along with dal. It is one of those recipes which takes less than 30 minutes to cook. Try this one and you will cook it again and again.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Gravy vegetables such as
- 1 Tomato , chopped
- 2 Onions , thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 4 Curry leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped (adjustable)
- 3 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- Water , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- Sunflower Oil , as required
- Salt , as required
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Few sprigs, finely chopped
How to make Tomato Onion Gravy Sabzi Recipe
To begin making the Tomato Onion Gravy Sabzi recipe, firstly heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan.
Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, curry leaves and hing. Let the mustard seeds splutter.
Once it is done, add green chillies, garlic cloves and onions. Cook it till the onions becomes soft and translucent.
Once it is done, add tomatoes and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Once done, add red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
Let it cook for about 4 to 5 minutes. Next, add the required water and let it cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
When it is properly cooked, garnish it with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.