A delicious, South Indian Meal plate with Paniyaram Muttai Masala- a spicy curry with paniyarams made of beaten eggs, Malabar parotta, aromatic ghee rice, refreshing Pudina dhaniya raita and a healthy Raw Papaya Apple salad is a must try meal that you can serve on a lazy sunday afternoon to your family.
Food from the Southern states of India are mostly synonymous with just idli, vada or dosa. South Indian Cuisine however is much more than just that. Lending authentic flavours to South Indian dishes are flavourful ingredients like curry leaves, coconut, tamarind that give out specific flavour notes.
South Indian Cuisine is so versatile, it is often considered to be only vegetarian, and if you haven’t been to South India, you must really make that trip to know how yummilicious South Indian non vegetarian tastes.
So wait no more, quickly dive into these recipes and get started in the kitchen.
1. Ghee Rice Recipe | Neychoru
An aromatic rice recipe, this Neychoru or Ghee Rice Recipe as it is popularly called, is a lovely addition to the meal, enhancing flavours on the plate when paired with the curry, giving you a burst of flavour from the earthy spices.
Try our other Rice Recipes:
- Dhaba Style Spicy Ghee Rice Recipe Made From Whole Spices
- Jeera Rice Recipe
- Matta Rice Peas Pulao Recipe
2. Malabar Parotta Recipe (Kerala Parotta)
Flaky Parotta with Multiple layers, Malabar Parotta is a classic in Kerala that is served with almost everything be it Mutton Roast, Chicken Curry or even an Egg curry.
Usually made with all purpose flour/Maida, the parotta can also be made with whoile wheat flour.
Try our other Indian Bread Recipes :
3. Pudina & Dhaniya Raita Recipe
A refreshing element of any meal, smooth dahi combined with fresh coriander and mint leaves, this Pudina & Dhaniya Raita Recipe is a must try dish.
Try our other Raita Recipes :
4. Raw Papaya, Apple & Carrot Salad Recipe
A fresh and healthy Indian salad made with a combination of Raw papaya, Apple and Carrots with a simple dressing of salt, pepper and lime juice.
You can make the salad with any vegetables or fruits of your choice.
Try our other Indian Salads:
- Moong Sprouts Salad with Grated Carrots & Coriander Recipe
- Cucumber, Red Radish, Tomatoes & Onion Salad Recipe
- Cucumber Pineapple Raw Mango Salad Recipe
5. Spiced Butter Milk With Coriander And Ginger Recipe
A summer cooler that is must, to beat the summer heat, this Classic Indian cooler, our Buttermilk recipe is flavoured with coriander leaves and ginger making it both healthy and refreshing at the same time.
Try our other Buttermilk/Lassi Recipes:
- Masala Chaas Recipe (Indian Spiced Buttermilk)
- Refreshing Mint Lassi Recipe
- Onion Curry Patta Chaach Recipe
6. Paniyaram Muttai Masala Recipe - Spicy Egg Curry Made In Paniyaram Pan
A robust curry, made South Indian style, Paniyaram Muttai Masala Recipe is a spicy curry with paniyarams made of eggs.
Try our other Egg Curry recipes: