Turai Pyaz Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi Recipe-Ridge Gourd Stir Fry With Green Chili And Onions
A must try for people looking for a low calorie sabzi recipe. Delicious, spicy turai sabzi goes well with any Indian bread. Pack it into your lunch box with methi thepla.
The Turai Pyaz Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi Recipe is a simple and yet delicious recipe that is made from ridge gourd and cooked along with badi hari mirch (long chillies used for bajji and pakora) and cooked in spices. Ridge gourd is low in fat and calories, making it a good choice for including in a well-balanced diet for weight loss.
The fiber that the gourds contain digests slowly, which keeps you feeling full for longer. Including low-calorie, high-fiber foods in your diet helps prevent hunger between meals and keeps you from reaching for unhealthy snacks as well.
If you like Ridge Gourd Recipes, then you must try a few of our other favorites
- Peerkangai Paal Kuzhambu Recipe (Ridge Gourd in Milk Curry)
- Masale Wali Turai Sabzi Recipe (Ridge Gourd in Tomato Curry)
- Peerkangai Thogayal Recipe (Ridge Gourd Peel Chutney)
- 300 grams Ridge Gourd (Turai/ Peerkangai) , peeled and diced
- 2 Badi hari mirch (Large Green Chilli) , diced
- 1 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
How to make Turai Pyaz Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi Recipe-Ridge Gourd Stir Fry With Green Chili And Onions
To begin making the Turai Pyaz Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi, first prep all the ingredients and keep ready. Remove the seeds from the badi hari mirch and keep aside.
Heat a teaspoon of oil in a pressure cooker, add the ajwain seeds and allow it to crackle. Add the onions, ginger, garlic and saute until the onions become tender.
Once the onions are tender, add the tomatoes and the rest of the masalas and saute for a few seconds.
Finally add the chopped Turai (ridge gourd), badi hari mirch and salt to taste.
Add 1/4 cup of water, cover the pressure cooker and cook until you hear three whistles and turn off the heat.
Once done, release the pressure immediately by running the cooker under cold water to release the pressure.
Check the taste of Turai Pyaz Hari Mirch Ki Sabzi and adjust salt and spices accordingly. Once done, stir in the coriander leaves, transfer to a serving bowl and serve.