Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi Recipe (Brinjal Stew Chutney)
Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi is a very tasty and tangy classic Andhra dish. When we think of purple coloured food, the humble brinjal inevitably makes an appearance. My mother often used to make this brinjal stew chutney which was one of our favourites.
Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi can be served with hot steamed rice for a wholesome lunch.
Other recipes you can try with eggplant are:
- 1 Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) , large variety
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 2 tablespoon Tamarind Paste
- 2 tablespoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- Salt , to taste For seasoning:
- 2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1 Dry Red Chilli , broken into pieces
- 2 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi) , A pinch of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
How to make Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi Recipe (Brinjal Stew Chutney)
To begin the preparation of Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi, first apply oil to the large brinjal (use the variety which is usually used to make bharta).
Roast it over the flame, until it is well cooked on all sides, and let it cool down for a while.
Remove the peel and mash the pulp well. Take the pulp in a dish.
Add tamarind extract, salt, chilli powder, green chillies, sesame seeds powder and coriander leaves. Mix well.
For seasoning, heat oil in a small pan. Add methi seeds and mustard seeds. Let the mustard seeds splutter. Add red chilli. Add turmeric and hing. Saute. Put off the heat and add this seasoning to the main chutney. Mix well.
You may adjust the consistency of this chutney based on your preference. It should resemble a thick stew.
Serve this tangy Vankaya Pulusu Pachadi with hot rice. It can also be relished with rotis too.