Veg Tunday Kabab Recipe
Tunday Kababs is a Lucknow based dish which is made out of lamb. Here we give it a vegetarian twist. In this recipe, 21 distinct spaces have been used and prepared with lot marination. You will be in need of a grill or tandoor to make this dish but even a non-stick pan can do justice to the recipe.
Veg Tunday Kababs are a starter and can be served for a party. Serve the Ve Tunday Kababs with Dhaniya Pudina Chutney.
Here are few Kabab Recipes Which you may like to try.
- 150 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese)
- 100 grams Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 1 Onion
- 5 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 3 Green Chilli
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 teaspoon Kalonji (Onion Nigella Seeds)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 1 teaspoon Yellow mustard seeds , and black mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 3/4 teaspoon Methi Seeds (Fenugreek Seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 3/4 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 2 Star anise
- 1/4 teaspoon Anardana Powder (Pomegranate Seed Powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1/8 teaspoon Saffron strands
- Cooking oil , as needed
- Salt , to taste
How to make Veg Tunday Kabab Recipe
Start to prepare Veg tunday kababs recipe by taking out all the dry spices in a pan and temper them well.
Grind them to make a fine powder and keep it aside
Boil the Paneer/Cottage Cheese to make sure its soft
Chop the paneer, capsicum,onion into chunks for sticking on to the skewers
Puree the half onion,ginger,garlic,green chilli into a paste and keep aside
Now lets prepare the marinade-add in curd, tempered spice powder,pureed ginger-garlic-onion-chilli paste
Using both hands mix together the marinate to the chopped veggies and paneer and keep in the refrigerator for a good one to one an half hours for marination.The longer the better.
Take a flat pan,pour in one table-spoon oil and spread uniformly bringing to low-medium heat
Take your skewers and line them with capsicum followed by onion followed by paneer and so on. You can other vegetables like zucchini, tomato also to it.
Place the skewers on the hot flat plan and reduce the flame to low
Cook each side rotating the skewers and brushing in the marinate on the cooked side as soon as it cooks
Serve Veg tunday kababs recipe hot as a starter or a dry curry with bread of your choice.
I am a foodie at heart.I enjoy cooking and recreating recipes when I come across a new one.I like Indian Cuisine the most. My food blog https://spiceyandsavory.com is driven by passion and so far the journey has been phenomenal :)