Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty
Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty is a delicious, soul-satisfying, protein-packed vegan meal made with tofu. It can be an evening snack too.
This Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty makes for a delicious, soul-satisfying, protein-packed vegan meal/evening snack. Satisfy your burger cravings with this simple, easy to make and healthy burger. The spicy burger patty is made with a variety of beans, vegetables, and herbs to enrich your diet with fiber, protein, and other nutrients. Use vegetables of your choice or use leftover vegetables. In fact, this is also a great way to sneak in unpopular vegetables. Use any vegan-friendly sauce of your choice.
You can also use raw banana instead of potatoes, they taste great too. Also, you can use whole wheat buns, if they are available. Vegan burger makes for a guilt free snack for kids and adults alike.
Serve Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty with Vegan Mayonnaise with more tomato sauce and Vegan Guilt Free Chocolate Espresso Mousse Recipe.
If you are interested in vegan diet, here are more vegan recipes to try
- 1 cup Moth Dal (Matki) , soaked overnight
- 1 cup Kala Chana (Brown Chickpeas) , soaked overnight or any moong beans, dried peas, kidney beans, black-eyed beans etc)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1/2 cup Carrot (Gajjar) , grated
- 1 cup Button mushrooms , finely chopped
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , or raw banana, boiled, peeled and mashed
- 3-4 tablespoon Tofu , grated
- 2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 1/2 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2-3 tablespoon Rice flour
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- Salt and Pepper , to taste
- 6-7 Burger buns To Serve
- 1 Tomato , sliced
- 1 Onion , cut into rings
- 1/2 cup Iceberg lettuce , shredded
- 1/4 cup Roasted tomato pasta sauce
How to make Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty
To begin making the Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty firstly, pressure cook the overnight soaked mixed beans with 1/2 cup of water and pressure cook for about 6 whistles.
Turn off the flame. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
Open the cooker and drain the water completely.
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a Wok/pan.Add the chopped onions and ginger garlic paste.
Sauté for a minute or till the onion just softens.
Now add mushrooms and carrots.Stir and cook till water evaporates.
To this add the coriander, cumin powder, garam masala, red chilli powder, and sauté for a few seconds.
Add the cooked beans and salt. Stir and sauté for another minute or till all the water evaporates.
Take it off the heat. Cool slightly.
Pulse this bean-vegetable mixture coarsely in a food processor.
In a mixing bowl, add bean mixture, potatoes, tofu, herbs, lime juice, rice flour and bread crumbs.
Mix and knead lightly till it everything comes together. Adjust the amount of salt or masala if required.
Make equal portions of the patty.
Drizzle some oil on a grill pan and cook them on medium flame until the patties on both sides till they turn golden brown.
Warm/grill the burger buns on a pan. Slice them and spread some roasted tomato sauce on one slice.
Place lettuce leaf, tomato, onion and cucumber slices on it, next a patty over the salad.
Drizzle more sauce and top with the other half of the bun.
Serve Vegan Burger Recipe With Beans And Tofu Patty immediately with Vegan Mayonnaise with more tomato sauce and Vegan Guilt Free Chocolate Espresso Mousse Recipe.