Vegan Curried Rice with Chickpeas Recipe
One pot meal made with chickpeas and brown rice which is flavoured with curry powder and can be had any time of the day as your comforting meal.
Vegan Curried Rice with Chickpeas Recipe is a one pot meal that can be made in a jiffy. It is a comforting meal that you would want to try for a cozy dinner or lunch. The recipe is simple all you have to be to soak the chickpeas a day in advance and cook them and keep it ready. The rice is mixed with mild flavors of curry powder and tossed in with chickpeas. The dish is also vegan so the best main course to be served for all the vegan eaters.
If you are looking for more one chickpea recipes here are some:
- 1 cup Brown Rice , soaked for 30 minutes and washed
- 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , soaked overnight and boiled
- 2 cloves Garlic , chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 2 1/2 cup Vegetable stock , you can even use the drained water of chickpeas
- 3 tablespoon Curry powder
- Salt , to taste
- 4 sprigs Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , Chopped
How to make Vegan Curried Rice with Chickpeas Recipe
To begin making the Vegan Curried Rice with Chickpeas Recipe, heat a pressure cooker with oil. Add the ginger garlic and fry till soften. Add the fennel seeds as well. Saute for 10 more seconds
Add the soaked and washed rice, curry powder salt and stock pressure cook for 4 whistle till the rice is done.
Remove and mix well add the chickpeas as well and check for salt. Add chopped coriander leaves and serve.