Vegan Soya Aloo Curry Recipe
Vegan Soya Aloo curry, makes a perfect pair to serve along with some flaky parathas or with puffy naans. With easy ingredients, less efforts, this curry is very much quick to dish out.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Aloo recipes such as
The contest is in association with Preethi Kitchen Appliances.
- 1 cup Soy Chunks (Nuggets) , cooked in water
- 4 Potatoes (Aloo) , cubed
- 1 Onion , chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 tablespoon Garlic , chopped
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/4 teaspoon Asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , as required
- Oil , as required
- 1/2 teaspoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) , crushed
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , few, chopped
How to make Vegan Soya Aloo Curry Recipe
To begin with Vegan Soya Aloo Curry, firstly boil enough water in a pan, add the tomatoes, let it sit, remove the skin and chop them finely.
Heat oil in a Kadhai, add the asafoetida powder, cumin seeds, fry it.
Add the grated ginger, chopped garlic, chopped onions, cook until the onions turns translucent. Once it is done, add the potatoes, all the spice powders and salt.
Cook everything for few minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes, slit opened green chillies and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
Finally add the soya chunks, cook for few minutes, add water as per need.