Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
Vegetable Lo mein is a Chinese dish made from wheat flour noodles which is perfect to serve during weekend dinners.
Vegetable Lo mein is a Chinese dish made from wheat flour noodles. It is a regular dish in every household in Karnataka and is very easy and quick to make. Lo mein is similar to chow mein. The only difference between the two is, lo mein is soft noodles which is prepared by the tossing method, whereas chow mein is crispy noodles, which are prepared by frying the noodles. The simplest stir fry noodles recipe which requires just 15 minutes and you can make this dish with whatever ingredient you have in your kitchen. It’s quick, healthy and tasty at the same time.
Serve Vegetable Lo Mein with Vegetarian Wonton Soup for a weekend dinner with your family.
If you like this recipe, you can also try
- Spicy Schezuan Vegetarian Noodles
- Thai Style Noodles With Spinach and Leeks
- Vegetarian Hakka Noodles
- Vegetarian Pad Thai
- 2 cups Wheat Noodles
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves Garlic , minced
- 1/4 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , julienned
- 1/4 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , julienned
- 1/4 Yellow Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , julienned
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , julienned
- 1/4 cup Broccoli , cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup White onion , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Spring Onion Greens , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Brown Sugar (Demerara Sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- Salt , to taste
- 2 tablespoon Oil , + 1 teaspoon
How to make Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe
To begin with Vegetable Lo Mein, in a saucepan of boiling water, cook noodles as per packet instructions, drain, rinse twice, rub 1 teaspoon of oil all over the noodles. Keep it aside.
Whisk together soy sauce, red chilli sauce, brown sugar, siracha and keep it aside.
Heat oil in a wok. Add minced garlic and white onions, sauté for about a minute.
Add all the vegetables, cook, stir frequently, until tender or for about 3-4 minutes.
Stir in cooked noodles and soy sauce mixture, and gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.
Serve Vegetable Lo Mein with Vegetarian Wonton Soup for a weekend dinner.