Baked Vegetable Seekh Kebab Recipe
Baked Vegetarian Seekh Kabab Recipe combines the goodness of spiced vegetables like carrots, cabbage, potatoes and green peas. Make it for your house parties and everyone will love it.
Baked Vegetable Seekh Kebab Recipe combines the goodness of vegetables like carrots, cabbage, and green peas to make it more palatable by adding potatoes, and spiced rightly. Since these Seekh Kebabs are baked in an oven, it is a healthy option than the deep fried ones.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Kebab Recipes that you can make for your Party Appetizers:
- 6-8 Green beans (French Beans) , finely sliced
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled, peeled and mashed
- 1 teaspoon Oil
- 1/2 tablespoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1-1/2 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 3 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1-1/2 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- 2 tablespoons Cashew nuts , powdered
- 3 tablespoon Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 tablespoon Whole Black Peppercorns , crushed
- 1/4 tablespoon Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds , powdered
- Lemon wedges , for garnish
- Onion , chopped for garnish
How to make Baked Vegetable Seekh Kebab Recipe
To begin making the Baked Vegetable Seekh Kebab Recipe, firstly we will preheat the oven at 180 degrees for 10 minutes. Grease a baking tray with oil.
Heat oil in a non-stick pan. Add cumin seeds and saute until fragrant.
Add green chillies and saute for a minute. Add carrot and saute for one 2-3 minutes.
Add french beans, cabbage and green peas and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add turmeric powder, mix well and cook till it combines.
Transfer this mixture into a mixture into a mixer jar and grind coarsely. Set aside.
Add gram flour in the same pan and sauté until fragrant. Add cashew nut powder and sauté.
Reduce heat, add ground vegetables, mix well and saute for 2-3 minutes till the raw smell disappears. Transfer this mixture into a bowl.
Add breadcrumbs, salt, crushed peppercorns and cardamom powder. Add garam masala powder, potato and mix well.
Divide this mixture into large equal portions and wrap them around in the shape of satay sticks tightly to get a seekh kabab.
Place the sticks on the greased baking tray and put the tray in preheated oven.
Cook the recipe for 10-12 minutes, turning twice to the other side every 4-5 minutes.