Healthy Aloo Roll Recipe (Baked Bread Potato Roll)
The Healthy Aloo Roll Recipe recipe makes a perfect appetizer to make for the cold winter parties or tea time snack for the monsoons. These hot bread potato rolls are filled with spiced potatoes that are flavored with peanuts, green chillies, coriander and chaat masala. The rolls are not deep fried and baked making them healthy and super delicious as well.
If you are looking for more Party Appetizer here are some :
- 8 Whole Wheat Brown Bread , slices, with crust removed
- Butter (Salted) , as required for greasing the breads
- 4 Sweet Potatoes , boiled , mashed
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Raw Peanuts (Moongphali) , roasted
- 1 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera) , roasted
- 1 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- 1 Lemon juice
- Red Chilli powder , to taste
- Salt , to taste
- Sesame seeds (Til seeds) , for the crust
How to make Healthy Aloo Roll Recipe (Baked Bread Potato Roll)
We begin making the Healthy Aloo Roll Recipe (Baked Bread Potato Roll) by pre heating the oven to 200 C and grease a baking sheet with butter.
Combine the mashed potatoes, bell peppers, onions, green chillies, coriander, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, salt, juice from one lemon and the pounded peanuts.
Stir to combine all the ingredients well.
Using a rolling pin roll the bread slice to stretch it a bit, this we do so we can roll the bread over the filling with ease. Spoon a teaspoon of the filling towards the centre, roll it up tightly; press and seal the edges and cut the excess away.
Proceed the same way with the remaining slices of bread to make the bread rolls.
To get crusty top we will dip the rolls in the melted butter, then roll this over the sesame seeds and place it on the greased baking sheet.
Proceed the same way with the remaining rolls and place them on a greased baking sheet. Place the rolls in the preheated oven and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until the crust turns golden brown in colour.