Achari Paneer Recipe -Spicy Pickled Paneer Gravy
Achari Paneer Recipe is a spicy Pickled Paneer Gravy where cottage cheese is simmered in a gravy of Pachranga pickle masala, fennel seeds, onion and tomato gravy. Try this Achari paneer masala for your weekend lunch or dinner and serve with Lachha paratha or jeera rice.
Paneer is one of those food items which is loved by almost everyone. You will find many Paneer dishes are on the menu of every North Indian Restaurants and one of them is Achari Paneer. This dish is made with Paneer and it is cooked with pickled Onion and Tomato gravy. It is easy to prepare and tastes delicious.
The pickle is ground with onions and other ingredients and this gives you a even flavourful curry.
You can make paneer at home by following Homemade Paneer Recipe and replace store bought paneer.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other Paneer Recipes such as
- Paneer Bhurji Recipe With Capsicum
- Palak Paneer Recipe (Cottage Cheese In Spinach Gravy)
- Paneer Jalfrezi Recipe
- 200 grams Paneer (Homemade Cottage Cheese)
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil To Be ground to paste
- 2 Onion , chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger
- 2 tablespoons Pachranga Pickle , with masala
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf) Spice
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Water , as required
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Honey
- Salt , to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 1/4 tablespoon Kasuri Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves)
How to make Achari Paneer Recipe -Spicy Pickled Paneer Gravy
To begin making the Achari Paneer recipe, grind all the ingredients to be ground into a paste - onion, ginger, garlic, pachranga pickle and fennel seeds.
Heat oil in a pan; add the ground paste and saute until the raw smell goes away and the oil starts separating. This will take about 3 to 4 minutes.
Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and garam masala and saute into the masala. Stir in the tomato puree, salt, honey and cream. Give it a brisk boil.
Finally stir in the paneer into the achari masala.
You can add a little water if needed according to your preference and simmer the achari paneer masala for about 4 to 5 minutes so the flavors get combined well into the masala.
Once done, garnish Achari Paneer with Kasuri Methi leaves, check the taste and adjust the salt and spices accordingly and serve.