Awadhi Style Taheri Recipe - Vegetable Rice Pulao Recipe
Awadhi Style Taheri Recipe, a vegetable rice pulao that is a perfect meal for your busy weekdays. Just make a delicious raita with the tehari and you are sorted for your dinner.
Awadhi Style Taheri Recipe (Vegetable Rice Pulao Recipe) is a traditional mixed rice with assorted vegetables that are locally available. The slight variation in this rice preparation is by adding curd to the gravy in order to give it a more authentic Awadhi touch to the whole dish.
The actual cooking technique used for making Taheri is by cooking it in a “Dum”. “Dum Phukt” is a slow cooking process associated more with Awadh cuisine, it is made in a sealed container and cooked at a very slow flame.
Serve the Awadhi Style Taheri Recipe (Vegetable Rice Pulao Recipe) along with Cucumber Raita for a delicious lunch meal.
If you are looking for more Indian rice recipes, here are some of our favorites:
- Coconut Rice Pulao From Coconut Cream Recipe
- Puliyodharai / Puliyogare Recipe (Spicy Tamarind Rice) with Pulikachal
- Kashmiri Modur Pulao With Pomegranate And Paneer Masala Curry Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Basmati rice
- 1 Potatoes (Aloo) , cubed
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , cubed
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , small florets
- 8 Green beans (French Beans) , chopped 2 inch lengthwise
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Onions , sliced and fried until brown, for garnishing
- 2 Green Chillies , slit
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 2 sprig Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 2 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- Salt , to taste
- Cooking oil , for cooking Whole spices
- 1 Bay leaves (tej patta)
- 1 Black cardamom (Badi Elaichi)
- 7 Whole Black Peppercorns , crushed
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 3 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
How to make Awadhi Style Taheri Recipe - Vegetable Rice Pulao Recipe
To begin making the Awadhi Style Taheri Recipe (Vegetable Rice Pulao Recipe), firstly heat a pressure cooker, keep it in medium heat, add oil and toast all the whole spices including bay leaf, black cardamom, whole black peppercorns, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick till the aroma comes out.
Next add in the onions, ginger, garlic and chilies and saute till it is golden brown and translucent.
Add in potatoes, carrot, green beans, cauliflower, green beans, onions and sauté for 5 more minutes. Once done add all the spice powders including red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt. You can also add curd and give it a stir.
At this point, you can transfer the soaked rice into the pressure cooker and mix it thoroughly, add 2-1/2 cups water and check for salt.
Close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles, once done release the pressure naturally. You can sprinkle some sliced onions that are browned on top.
Serve the Awadhi Style Tahari Recipe (Vegetable Rice Pulao Recipe) along with Cucumber Raita for a delicious lunch meal.
Hi there! This is our chance to talk to you. First, we love creating recipes keeping you in mind. At Archana's Kitchen we try to keep recipes simple, smart and seasonal without additives and preservatives. We hope you enjoy cooking recipes from our website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to us.