Badanekaayi Gojju (Brinjal Curry) Recipe
Badanekaayi Gojju or Brinjal curry is one lip-smacking curry. A creamy, spicy, tangy curry that can be served with roti or rice. If you are bored of the usual Brinjal sabzi, you can give this recipe a try and it will surely be loved by your family members.
You can also try our other Brinjal recipes like
- 10 Small Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant)
- 2 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- Salt , to taste
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , for garnishing
- Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali) , for garnishing For the paste
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut , freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons Raw Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind Paste
- 2 Dry Red Chillies For filling
- 2 tablespoons Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 tablespoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 tablespoon Salt
How to make Badanekaayi Gojju (Brinjal Curry) Recipe
To begin with Badanekaayi Gojju, firstly wash the brinjals and slit them cross wise.
Mix all the ingredients mentioned under ‘For filling’ in a mixing bowl and fill it into the brinjals.
Let them sit for some time, till you get everything else ready. Blend all the ingredients listed under ‘For the paste’ to make a smooth paste, using enough water.
In a wide pan, heat the oil. Add mustard seeds and let it crackle.
When it crackles, add the chopped onions and sauté till it turns pink. Add brinjal and the remaining filling into the pan and sauté.
Cover and cook till the brinjal is 3/4th cooked. Add the ground paste and 1 cup water.
Add salt and jaggery, cover and cook. Cook till the gravy thickens and the brinjal is cooked well.
Garnish is with some coarsely crushed peanuts and coriander leaves.