Bajra Aloo Paratha Recipe
Bajra is known to provide heat to the body and so the consumption of this grain in any form is usually done in winters. Bajra Aloo Paratha is one such delicacy which is very delicious and healthy and is made using millet flour which is flavoured with potato and seasoned with spices to enhance more of the flavours. It is an easy-to-cook recipe and can be served on its own or with any chutney of your choice. Bajra Aloo Paratha makes a perfect healthy breakfast for winters and an ideal meal to be carried in a lunch box.
If you like this recipe, you can also try
- 2 cups Bajra Flour ( Pearl Millet)
- 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 cup Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled and mashed
- 1 cup Methi Leaves (Fenugreek Leaves) , chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon Green Chilli , coarsely crushed
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1/2 teaspoon Ajwain (Carom seeds)
- 1/2 teaspoon Chaat Masala Powder
- Salt , to taste
- Lukewarm Water , as required
- Sunflower Oil , for smearing
How to make Bajra Aloo Paratha Recipe
To begin with Bajra Aloo Paratha, firstly add all the ingredients in a large bowl and mix everything well.
Gradually, add warm water little at a time and start kneading the dough. Knead well to form a soft dough.
Divide the dough into equal sized balls depending upon the size of the paratha you prefer to make.
Dust the ball well and roll out into a paratha depending upon the thickness you prefer.
If you find it difficult to roll it with rolling pin, use your hands and pat the dusted ball uniformly to make parathas.
Heat the griddle well. Gently place the rolled paratha on the griddle and cook until brown spots appear. Flip and cook.
Apply oil and fry on both the sides until they are cooked well.