Bathua Raita Recipe
Bathua Raita Recipe is a refreshing yogurt dish flavoured with bathua. Spiced with simple masalas this nutritious raita can be served as side dish alongside some parathas or even a simple pulao.
Bathua Raita Recipe is a raita made out of a green leafy vegetable called 'Bathua'. Although this a winter green, it is now pretty much available all through the year.
Curd is whisked with salt and pepper and a puree of bathua is added to it. A lovely bright green raita serves well with parathas or even flavoured rice dishes. This raita can also be served at parties.
Try our other Raita Recipes:
- Crunchy Carrot Peanut Raita Recipe - Gajar Moongphali Raita
- Mint And Pomegranate Raita Recipe
- Grated Cucumber Raita Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups Bathua leaves , washed
- 1-1/2 cups Curd (Dahi / Yogurt)
- 2 Green Chillies , finely chopped
- 1/2 Ginger , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Salt (Kala Namak)
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera) , roasted
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Oil
How to make Bathua Raita Recipe
To begin making the Bathua Raita Recipe, first wash and chop the bathua leaves and place them in a bowl.
Heat oil in a pan over medium heat and sauté the bathua leaves until soft and tender and allow it to cool. You could either blend the bathua to a coarse paste or add the cooked bathua leaves directly to the bowl of yogurt.
In this recipe I have blended the bathua leaves in a blender once it cooled down.
Into a mixing bowl, add the yogurt, chopped green chillies, ginger, black salt, cumin powder and black pepper powder. Whisk well to combine until mixed evenly.
Finally add the chopped bathua or pureed bathua and give it a stir. Check salt and adjust the taste of Bathua Raita accordingly