Beetroot Falafel With Pita Bread Recipe
Beetroot Falafel With Pita Bread Recipe is a Lebanese cuisine recipe which is made out of healthy vegetables and is served with pita bread.
Beetroot Falafel With Pita Bread Recipe is a Lebanese cuisine recipe which is made out of healthy vegetables and is served with pita bread. It is a traditional Lebanese food that is healthy and looks attractive also. It supplies a good amount of nutrients through beetroot and chickpeas.
This Beetroot Falafel With Pita Bread can be served at a party as a starter.
You may also like other Lebanese Recipe, try them at home and enjoy with your family
- 300 grams Beetroot , peeled and roughly grated
- 1 1/2 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , boiled
- 1/4 cup Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon Ginger , grated
- 1 teaspoon Paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoon Parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- 3 tablespoon Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- Salt , to taste
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil , as required For serving
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita Bread , toasted
How to make Beetroot Falafel With Pita Bread Recipe
To begin with the Beetroot Falafel Recipe first, in a blender add beetroot, boiled chickpeas, ginger, paprika powder, parsley leaves,jeera powder. sesame seeds, salt, and some olive oil, blend them nicely.
Keep the beetroot mixture aside and see to that the consistency is smooth.
Now mix the bread crumbs with the beetroot mixture and leave it for 10 minutes.
Make medium size balls out of the beetroot mixture and flatten them slightly.
In a Cast Iron Skillet, heat some olive oil to fry the Falafel. Take 2 -3 falafel balls and add them to the oil once the oil gets heated.
Allow the Beetroot Falafel balls to cook and make sure that the balls turn golden brown.
Remove the balls from the oil and remove the excess oil by placing them on a tissue paper.
Repeat the same for other balls as well.
Now for the Pita Bread, you can click on our link to know how to make them.