Bharva Baingan Masala Recipe - Stuffed Brinjal Masala
Here is a sweet tangy and spicy Bharva Baingan which you will absolutely love. It's cooked in a pressure cooker and is super simple to make and packed with flavors from the roasted peanuts and sesame. Serve this dish along with hot phulkas or even ghee rice topped for a simple weekend lunch or a weeknight dinner.In association with SS Pandian (SSP Asafoetida)
Bharva Baingan Masala recipe is a super simple and delicious recipe of roasted eggplants that are filled with peanut and sesame spice mixture and cooked in a tangy tomato puree. Brinjal is a vegetable that absorbs flavors of all kinds from delicate to spicy and tangy. You can choose to leave it dry by shallow roasting the filled brinjals or slow cook them in a tangy tomato gravy. Serve Bharva Baingan Masala Recipe along with pulao for lunch.
If you like this recipe, take a look at more similar recipes
- 10 Small Brinjal (Baingan / Eggplant) For Stuffing
- 1/4 cup Roasted Peanuts (Moongphali)
- 1/4 cup Sesame seeds (Til seeds)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/4 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1/4 teaspoon SSP Asafoetida (Hing)
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Gram flour (besan)
- Salt , to taste Ingredients for the Gravy
- 1-1/2 cups Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1/2 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- Salt , to taste
- 1 tablespoon Jaggery
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 tablespoon Mustard oil , to cook
How to make Bharva Baingan Masala Recipe - Stuffed Brinjal Masala
To begin making the Bharva Baingan Masala recipe, Combine all the filling ingredients in a mini food processor and make a smooth paste. Set aside. You can optionally add a little water and oil to make a smooth paste.
Slit the brinjals cross wise just half way through, so it remains as a whole. The slit should be just enough to place the filling in. Stuff the above filling mixture in the the slit brinjals.
Heat oil in a pressure cooker over medium heat; add the cumin seeds, onion, ginger and garlic; Saute until the onions soften.
Once the onions soften add the tomato puree, turmeric powder, coriander powder, salt, garam masala powder, chilli powder, jaggery and saute for a few minutes. Add 1/4 cup of water, the stuffed brinjal and cover the pressure cooker and cool for 3 whistles and turn off the heat.
Once the heat is off, allow the pressure to release naturally. Open the cooker and gently toss in the coriander leaves into the Bharva Baingan Masala and serve hot.
Archana Doshi is the founder of Archana's Kitchen. Archana launched Archana's Kitchen in 2007 as a way to keep track of her and family's recipes, and along the way grew it into one of the most popular cooking websites in the world. Archana is dedicated to helping home cooks be successful in the kitchen. Archana says "I hope you enjoy cooking recipes from my website where the sole effort is to make cooking simple for you. When you try out one of our recipes, we are longing to hear back from you. Do take your time to come back and share your comments, as your feedback means a lot to me"