Capsicum Bath Recipe
Capsicum Bath is an easy, simple and yummy rice recipe which is perfect when you want to cook something in a jiffy or one of those days when you are in no mood to cook. This recipe is easy and hardly takes 15 minutes to get ready. This dish is also ideal for your lunch box, if you are looking ways to use the leftover rice.
If you like this recipe, you can also try other rice recipes such as
- 1 cup Rice , cooked
- 2-3 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped into medium size pieces
- Fistful Green peas (Matar)
- 1 Onion , chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , slit
- 2-3 tablespoons Vangi Bath Powder
- Salt , as required
- Tamarind , soaked in water
- Lemon juice , few drops
- 2-3 tablespoons Dry coconut (kopra) , grated For tempering
- 2-3 tablespoons Sunflower Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon Chana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1 teaspoon White Urad Dal (Split)
- Few Cashew nuts
- Few Curry leaves
- 1 Dry Red Chilli , broken
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
How to make Capsicum Bath Recipe
To begin making the Capsicum Bath recipe, firstly wash rice and cook it with water and salt in a saucepan. The cooked rice grains should be separate and not mushy.
Once cooked, spread the cooked rice on a wide plate.This will make the grains separate further and also helps to cool down quickly. (It has to be cooled properly before using)
Heat oil in a kadhai and add mustard seeds, lentils and cashew nuts. Once they splutter add curry leaves, red chili and green chili .
Add onion, green peas, turmeric and salt. Saute it till the raw smell of onion goes away.
Once it is done, add chopped capsicum and cook it for 3-4 minutes.
Once the capsicum is cooked half, add vangibath powder, tamarind juice and mix everything well. Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, so that capsicum takes in the flavour.
Finally, add the grated coconut and give a gentle mix. Switch off after the extra moisture has evaporated. Now add rice to the pan and mix everything properly.
Drizzle some lemon juice, salt and mix it well again.