Chana Aur Aloo Ki Sookhi Sabzi Recipe
Chana Aur Aloo Ki Sookhi Sabzi is a winning combination with everyone loving chickpeas and potatoes. If you have boiled chickpeas and potatoes in hand, you can prepare this in no time for your kids lunch box in the morning. Serve the Chana Aur Aloo Ki Sookhi Sabzi along with phulkas or parathas for your kids lunch box or for the weeknight dinner.
Other chickpea recipes that you can try are:
- 1 cup Kabuli Chana (White Chickpeas) , boiled
- 3 Potatoes (Aloo) , boiled
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
- 2 teaspoons Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon Amchur (Dry Mango Powder)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 4 sprig Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , finely chopped for garnish
- 1 inch Ginger , cut in juliennes (long thin strips) for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Sunflower Oil
- Salt , for taste
How to make Chana Aur Aloo Ki Sookhi Sabzi Recipe
To begin making Chana Aur Aloo Ki Sookhi Sabzi, soak the chickpea or chana over night and pressure cook the soaked chana in enough water for 3 whistles and keep aside.
Similarly, wash and boil the potatoes with 1 cup water in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles; peal the skin, cut into cubes and keep aside.
Heat oil in a pan on medium heat, add the cumin seeds and let it splutter.
Add the finely chopped onions and saute until it turns transparent.
Add the ginger and garlic paste and cook until the raw smell goes away.
Add the chopped tomatoes and green chilli and saute until the tomatoes are soft and well cooked.
Now add the red chilli, turmeric, coriander and garam masala powder and sauce until the spices are cooked.
Add the cooked chickpeas and the boiled potato cubes, season with salt and mix well.
Let this mix cook for another 10 minutes.
Add the amchoor powder, give it a good mix and switch off the flame.