Cheesy Pav Bhaji Recipe
Cheesy Pav Bhaji Recipe is a mouthwatering street food pav bhaji recipe with addition of cheese. Vegetables are cooked in tomato based puree and flavored with good amount of pav bhaji masala. Try Cheesy Pav Bhaji Recipe for your evening snack or light dinner and let us know how you like it.
Pav Bhaji is one of the most famous street foods from Mumbai. It is spicy, tangy and makes for a wonderful condiment to be had with the hot butter toasted pavs or buns. Cheesy Pav Bhaji is a delicious and rich bhaji with the addition of cheese to it.
The bhaji is prepared in a one pot method, making it easier to prepare in no time. Serve the Cheese Pav Bhaji along with onion salad and lemon wedges for your next home party and be a star among friends and family.
Try our other one pot recipes:
- 2 Potatoes (Aloo) , cubed
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower (gobi) , cut into small florets
- 1/2 cup Carrots (Gajjar) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
- 1/2 cup Green peas (Matar)
- 1/2 cup Cabbage (Patta Gobi/ Muttaikose) , finely shredded
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , grated
- 3 cloves Garlic , grated
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 2 Tomatoes , finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder (Dhania)
- 1 tablespoon Pav bhaji masala
- 2 tablespoons Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Butter (Salted)
- Salt , to taste
How to make Cheesy Pav Bhaji Recipe
To begin making the Cheesy Pav Bhaji, heat butter in a pressure pan, add onions and saute until it turns translucent.
Add the ginger-garlic paste and saute until the raw smell goes away.
Add the finely chopped capsicum and saute until half done.
Now, add the tomatoes and cook until it turns soft.
Add the other vegetables, cubed potatoes, beans, carrots, cabbage and green peas and mix well.
Add the red chilli, coriander, pav bhaji masala, and 2 to 3 cups of water and mix well.
Season with salt, put the lid on for the cooker and pressure cook it for 3 whistles on medium flame.
Once the pressure is released, open the lid, and mash the vegetables with a potato masher to your desired consistency.
If you think it is too thick, place it back on the flame, add a cup of water and bring it to a rolling boil.
Just before serving, grate the cheese cubes over it while it is still hot.