Cheesy Rice Poppers Recipe
A delicious and cheesy appetizer perfect for your next party are made with leftover rice, potatoes, cheese and fresh herbs are a must try recipe.
Cheesy Rice Poppers is a delicious recipe that makes for a great appetizer or snack, and can also made for a nice lunch box recipe. The comforting familiarity of rice, coupled with the gooey richness of cheese along with the crunchiness of breadcrumbs makes this snack is a real treat.
They are a crowd pleaser and kids also love them. they are quick to make of you have all the ingredients prepped and kept.
Other recipes that you can try are:
- 1 cup Rice , cooked or leftover
- 1 Potato (Aloo) , boiled
- 1 teaspoon Mint Leaves (Pudina) , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Chilli , finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon juice , (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder , (optional)
- 1 teaspoon Sunflower Oil
- 2 teaspoon Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- 2 Cheese Cubes
- Salt , as per taste For coating the rice rolls:
- 3 teaspoon All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 4-5 tablespoon Whole Wheat Bread crumbs
- Sunflower Oil , for frying
How to make Cheesy Rice Poppers Recipe
To begin making Cheesy Rice Poppers, first add rice and mashed potatoes in a wide bowl and mix well.
To this add mint leaves, coriander leaves, chilli flakes, green chilli, lemon juice and black pepper powder, bread crumbs and mix well to form a pliable dough.
Let the rice grain remain intact. Do not make it into a paste.
Cut the cheese cubes into 4 longitudinal pieces. Make a ball of the rice mixture with your right palm and flatten it in your palm.
Place the long piece of cheese in the middle and fold the rice mixture over it. Seal all the edges and shape into rolls.
Heat oil in a kadhai. Make a thin paste with the maida, by adding maid to water in a bowl and mixing it well. Dip the rolls in this mixture and then roll it in the breadcrumbs.
Fry the Cheesy Rice Poppers in hot oil till light brown in colour on all sides.
Once done remove from oil and drain on absorbent paper and serve hot.
Do not overfry the rice balls.
Cheesy Rice Poppers Recipe is part of the Mother's Day Recipe Contest 2017