Chettinad Style Pepper Mushroom Recipe
Chettinad Style Pepper Mushroom Recipe is a spicy dish having the prominent pepper flavor. Mushrooms are a storehouse of nutrients. It is a rich source of calcium and Vitamin D, making it beneficial for bone health and overall immune system in the body. Chettinad Style Pepper Mushroom is a semi gravy dish, making a great accompaniment for roti's and steamed rice for a healthy lunch or dinner.
Have a look at our other popular Mushroom recipes
- 1 cup Button mushrooms , cleaned and sliced
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1 Green Chilli , slit
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , small bunch, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Salt , to taste Ingredients for The Aromatic Spice Mix
- 4 teaspoons Fresh coconut , grated
- 1 tablespoon Coriander (Dhania) Seeds
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds (Jeera)
- 1 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Fennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 4 Cloves (Laung)
- 1 Star anise
- 1 Mace (Javitri) , small flower
- 1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg powder
- 3 Dry Red Chilli
- 2 teaspoons White Urad Dal (Split) Ingredients for The Wet Paste
- 10 Shallots
- 5 cloves Garlic , peeled
- 2 inch Ginger
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
How to make Chettinad Style Pepper Mushroom Recipe
To begin making Chettinad Style Pepper Mushroom Recipe, start with making the aromatic spice mix. Take a pan and dry roast the ingredients listed in the spice mix till aromatic, grind it to a fine paste using a mixer and keep it aside.
Now, make a paste of shallots, ginger, garlic, curry leaves and turmeric powder to fine paste and keep it aside.
Heat a wide pan in low flame, pour oil, put the bay leaf, fennel seeds, and curry leaves and let it splutter.
Now add the chopped tomato and the slit green chili and sauté for five minutes.
Add the onion, ginger garlic paste that was made earlier and cook till the raw smell of the ginger garlic goes away.
Add the aromatic spice mixture, season with salt and add a little water and let it cook for ten minutes, keep stirring the gravy in between.
Now add the cleaned, sliced mushrooms and cook it with the lid on for few more minutes.
Once the mushrooms are cooked, switch off the flame and garnish with the finely chopped coriander leaves.
Serve Chettinad Style Pepper Mushroom Recipe with rotis or steamed rice for lunch or dinner.