Chicken Steak Recipe With Pan Roasted Vegetables & Potato Mash
Chicken Steak Recipe With Pan Roasted Vegetables & Potato Mash is a complete meal in itself. flavoursome chicken served with herbed vegetables that are pan roasted along with velvety smooth mashed potatoes. Great to be served to your family on a holiday.
Chicken Steak Recipe With Pan Roasted Vegetables & Potato Mash is a delicious meal in itself. The chicken is marinated in a lovely marinade that is bursting with flavours that include fresh parsley , lemon, garlic and mixed herbs. All of which add to the yummilicious taste of the chicken.
The pan roasted vegetables that is served with the chicken steak is cooked to perfection with a hint of garlic and herbs.
To balance out the meal, a simple portion of mashed potatoes is served.
Try our other chicken recipes:
- 2 Chicken breasts For the chicken marinade
- 6 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco Original - Hot Sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Red Chilli flakes
- 4 sprig Parsley leaves , finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- Salt , salt to taste For the Pan Roasted Vegetables
- 1 Carrot (Gajjar) , cut into strips
- 1 Green zucchini , cut into strips
- 6 Baby corn , cut into strips
- 10 Green beans (French Beans) , cut into diagonals
- 1 Red Bell pepper (Capsicum) , cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mixed Herbs (Dried)
- 4 cloves Garlic , finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Parsley leaves , finely chopped
- Salt , to taste For the Potato Mash
- 3 Potatoes (Aloo) , hot boiled and peeled
- Salt , to taste
- 1 teaspoon Butter (Salted)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice Other Ingredients
- 2 teaspoons All Purpose Flour (Maida)
- 1/4 cup Water
How to make Chicken Steak Recipe With Pan Roasted Vegetables & Potato Mash
To begin making the Chicken Steak Recipe With Pan Roasted Vegetables & Potato Mash, thoroughly wash and clean the chicken pieces, keeping the entire breast piece intact.
In a mixing bowl, combine the garlic, mixed herbs, lemon juice, olive oil, tabasco sauce, red chilli flakes, parsley leaves, honey and salt.
Add the chicken breasts into this bowl, and massage the marinade on to the chicken.
Rest this for about an hour.
Heat a skillet on medium flame, once hot, place the chicken on it and cook on both sides for about 3 minutes on each side, basting the remaining marinade while pan roasting the chicken. Once done, transfer to a plate and allow it to rest.
Heat the same pan on medium heat, add the remaining marinade into this pan.
Make a slurry by mixing the all purpose flour along with the water and add this slurry into the pan which has the marinade.
Bring to a single boil and allow the sauce to cook and thicken and turn off the flame. This is the sauce for the chicken steak.
Heat a skillet on medium-high heat with some olive oil, add the garlic and saute until it turns into a light brown colour. This will take about a minute.
Next add the vegetables that are cut into strips and saute until they are just about cooked, yet crunchy at the same time.
Add the salt, mixed herbs, parsley, salt and mix well. Turn off the flame and set aside.
In a mixing bowl, combine the steaming hot boiled potatoes along with salt, butter, black pepper powder, lemon juice and mash well with the back of a serving spoon/ladle.
Continue to mix and mash until you get a soft smooth mash then set aside.
To assemble the Chicken sizzler, in a serving plate, place the pan roasted vegetables, potato mash and the pan roasted chicken breast. Pour the steak sauce just before serving. Ensure you preheat your sizzle pan in the oven or over the stove top, to give it a sizzling effect.