Chutney Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe
Chutney Chili Cheese Toast Recipe is an Indian style open toast recipe which is flavoured with green chutney.
Chutney Chili Cheese Toast Recipe is an Indian style open toast recipe which is flavoured with green chutney. It is a perfect dish to serve during your breakfast with a hot cup of tea. Mint can be replaced by gongura leaves / red sorrel leaves for a unique taste.
- 4 Multigrain Whole Wheat Bread , whole wheat
- 1 Tomato , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , chopped
- Butter , as required to spread
- 1/4 cup Red Chilli flakes
- Mozzarella cheese , or cheddar cheese, grated For Chutney
- 1 cup Mint Leaves (Pudina)
- 1 cup Coriander (Dhania) Leaves , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 Green Chillies , chopped
- 1/4 cup Fresh coconut , chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin powder (Jeera)
- Salt , to taste
- 1/2 Lemon juice
How to make Chutney Chilli Cheese Toast Recipe
To begin making Chutney Chili Cheese Toast, firstly grind all the ingredients mentioned under ‘Chutney’ in a mixer grinder to form a smooth paste without adding water. Transfer it to a bowl.
Preheat oven at 180 degree C for 10 minutes. Take a baking tray and cover with a foil sheet. Keep it aside.
To prepare toast, take a bread slice and cut into 2 or 4 halves.
Take a half bread slice and spread butter on one side. Take a teaspoon of chutney and spread it over the butter nicely.
Top the bread slice with some chopped tomato and green capsicum.
Sprinkle some cheddar cheese and chili flakes on it. Arrange bread slices on baking tray and bake it in an oven for about 5-8 minutes.
I am an Engineering graduate and was looking for a challenging yet interesting career. After realizing my interest towards food, I started a blog in early 2012 specializing Indian food. In the last 3 years, I have been able to come up with more than 1000 recipes. I am still trying to learn the cuisine as well as food photography. I've contributed recipes to Aval Kitchen (a popular Tamil Magazine), Complete Wellbeing Magazine, The Society & Honest Cooking.